Sunday 21 August 2011

Sleek Makeup Nude Collection! What's the hype?

Sleek Makeup have come up with lots of different palettes but this next launch is looking to be the most popular yet.
The Nude Collection boasts the type of colours that will enhance everybody from porcelain beauties to bronzed babes.

I was very excited to be sent a preview of the new products:


 Nude Palette £6.49



This palette is quite different to anything else i have. For a start it has a lot of matte colours in it which i am really pleased about. Secondly the top row of shades have some really good basic neutrals and highlighters which are somewhat lacking in my collection.
Thirdly the bottom row has a few nice deep colours to create a more smokey eye as well so its a really versatile product.

Suede Blush £4.29

It's no secret that I'm a big fan of the Sleek Makeup blushers and this one is no exception. The colour although a pretty taupe neutral is really pigmented even on my tanned skin. This is quite a matte shade as well and makes a nice everyday cheek colour that goes amazing well with the rest of the collection.


Bare Minimum Pout Polish £4.29

The pout polish smells amazing and feels beautiful and moisturising. The problem for me is that my lips are quite pigmented and the colour in this is very subtle. Therefore it looks pretty much like a clear gloss on my lips unless i put a bit of a neutral lipstick on underneath.

Of course i had to try all my new goodies out immediately and so tried two different looks.

The No Makeup Nude Look!

For the first look i used the matte subtle shades on my eyes Nubuck and Cappuccino, mascara a sweeping of the Suede blusher and the Bare minimum Pout Polish. 
2nd Look Soft Smokey Nude!

This second look is adapted by adding the shade mineral earth to the lid and smudged under eyes. I also added a tiny amount of Noir to the outer edges for a bit of definition. I went heavier on the cheeks and added a more neutral lippy under the Pout Paint.



The Nude Collection launches on the 31st August and be purchased from Superdrug or online at Sleek makeup.
I'd put money on it that these are going to be flying off the shelves. What do you think of the colours? Are you like me, a nude girl at heart?

23 comments:

  1. I'm a nude girl at heart! :) But I'm not 100% on the eyeshadows, they are such unconventional nude colours! That might be a motivation to get it though :D The blusher also looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just looking at the promo pics for this on another blog and I thought the colours would be suit but after seeing your swatches they look like they are the cool side so I'll give it a miss. Thanks for sharing hun! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The collection looks amazing and I like how affordable sleek are- so annoyed that its released the day after I come back from the UK! xx

    Visit The Other Side Of Cool
    Tweet me! @othersideofcool

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colours, especially the blusher! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This collection looks amazing, I love it :)

    Love Christine ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, you've added another Sleek to your collection! This one is just stunning, i love the neutral shades in this one and glad there are some mattes there too. Mineral Earth and Regal are my favourite of the lot, can't wait for it to be released.

    Lilit
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks really nice, I love nude eyeshadow colours.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have the gloss, but did not really like the nude palette, I am after the blush now :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the blush and pout polish:)U look so pretty and natural.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The palette looks amazing, love anything mate and neutral for an easy day to day look. The gloss and blusher look nice too, it highlights your beautiful tan x

    ReplyDelete
  11. That palette looks gorgeous! I bought bare minimum last week and love wearing it with MAC viva glam gaga lipstick. It's so tough testing new products isn't it? ;) haha x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Im looking forward to trying my products out today. Especially the blush. XX

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't wait to get my hands on this collection. I love nude eyshadows!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks ladies it looks like its going to be a popular one xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am a totally nude lovin' gal!! I wear it daily and sadly I never experiment with other colors. But when you find great neutrals like these you just stick with what works! hahaha I wish it was easier to get here in the states though :(

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the close-up of the nude eye you did! And that blush & pout polish look fab. I want them, lol :)

    -Candice :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. OHHH the palette looks really nice : D

    ReplyDelete
  18. Can't wait to get my hands on this on the 31st! Lovely review, I think I'll be buying the whole collection this time, I've only bought the palettes in the previous collections but the blusher looks good and I have to try the pout polish LOL Mel xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. This looks like an amazing range, love that pout polish! x

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the looks you've done here, and your hair colour is gorge. I've got the UD Naked palette so I'm not sure I need this one, but I *do* have a Sleek addiction.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Nude look is gorgeous - very nude haha! Not sure about this palette though; I prefer frostier finishes and have so many neutrals already. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for all your comments, i appreciate each and everyone xx