Tuesday 23 August 2011

Evening Skincare Routine! 23.08.11

I thought i'd break down my skincare routine as i have changed what i use quite a lot recently and it would be just too much to fit into 1 post.
It's quite hard to stick to the same routine as im constantly testing out new products and tweeking what i use to try and get the best possible results.

Night Time Products!

Makeup Removers & Cleansers!


 Botanics Soothing Eye Makeup Remover £3.05 from boots

This eye makeup remover is brilliant and at such a fab price. It removes all my eye makeup easily even water proof mascara and it leaves eyelashes soft and moisturised. The ingredients are super effective but also very gentle. It's one of the few eye makeup remover products that causes no stinging.

Botanics Face Soothing Cleansing Balm £6.63 Boots

I purchased this cleanser after reading lots of rave reviews and rightly so. It is a thick waxy balm that melts on skin contact. It smells beautiful and feels so luxurious on the skin. It does a great job of removing makeup when used in conjunction with a muslin cloth.
I love how soft my skin feels when i use this and it never aggrivates my spot prone skin. I alternate this with the Liz Earle cleanser.


If i could have a long term Love affair with a cleanser then this would be the choosen one. When i use this cleanser not only does it remove my makeup but it really feels like i am giving my face a thorough deep cleanse. I like to massage this in for a couple of minutes and enjoy the Eucalyptus and Rosemary scent.
This is so gentle yet really works. It's my holy grail of cleansers.


Toners!

La Roche Posay Thermal Spring Water

Ok so i know this is not a toner as such but it really makes a great refreshing spray which my skin seems to love. The product contains a combination of minerals and trace elements which feels really soothing and cooling on the skin. I have been using this for a while now and love the way it makes my skin feel

Alpha H Liquid Gold £28.50 QVC

I use the Alpha H Liquid Gold 3 times a week after my thermal spring water and it really is an amazing product. I'm sure you will of heard about this product as so many people have been raving about it.
I apply this with a cotton wool pad at night ( No moisturiser afterwards )
This wonder product is described as a multi action formula with silk protein and licorice extract to refine the surface of the skin. It contains glycolic acid which exfoliates the skin and leaves me looking brighter and fresher and has definately helped prevent as many breakouts. It's quite amazing.


Moisturiser
La Roche Posay Effaclar K £13 Boots

 I use this moisturiser on nights when i dont use my liquid gold. This moisturiser is made for spot prone skin. It feels gloriously light and has a really fresh lovely scent. It makes my skin feel really clean and soft.

Eye Care 

Elemis Absolute Eye Serum on offer at feelunique for £20.99

This serum is ultra light in texture but seems to do a great job of keeping lines at bay and helping with dark circles. I've always used some kind of eye cream as i think its so important. This one can be used under a heavier cream if you wish but i feel its enough at the moment for me.

So thats it for night time. I know it looks a lot but its actually only 4 or 5 products at the most. Unfortunately for me my skin is really tempremental even at my age and i still get outbreaks quite regularly. Having said that my skin is looking better than it has done for a long time so it goes to show that finding the right products that work for you can work wonders.

Just a quick note to say that botanics is on 342 at boots at the moment as well and in my local boots La Roche Posay was half price ( Although not online ) Just in case you were thinking of buying anything.

Look out for part 2 My morning regime xx

12 comments:

  1. Great post.I love the botanics eye make up remover.I haven't found anything else that does the job better.Think i will pick up the botanics cleansing balm when next in boots xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the bontanics eye makeup remoever but it doesnt always work for me :( the wax cleanser sounds ace xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. u take such great care of your skin.. and it shows. all i do is wash my face and moisturise, im too lazy when it comes to exfoliating daily and the likes

    Breezeybee Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love la roche posay! I'm so impressed by their products. I think the French brands coming to the UK are amazing and in the last few months I've bought vichy, avene and LRP. I think I'll try caudalie next!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've always wanted to try the alpha h liquid gold but i always forget! sounds good tho! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love getting a look at what products other people are using so thanks for sharing.

    I always use thermal sprays instead of toners and I find that they work great. They help oils/serums sink in much more easily too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post, I like seeing what everyone uses for their skin.I couldn't be without my Liz Earle C&P and I'm loving their Superskin Concentrate and moisturiser too. That Elemis eye serum looks nice, never used a serum before x x

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love being nosey and knowing what everyone else uses :) cool post x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What good timing, I ran out of Liz Earle C+P earlier in the week and brought the Botanics cleanser today after reading your post. Couldn't resist trying it out just now and I love how it melted in to my skin. Seems promising, thank you. I've tried a couple of Roche Posay products and love them but I must look shifty, squinting in Boots to read the English translation on the packaging.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks so much ladies xx

    Essjay23x Oooh i hope you like it. I got mine after reading lots of good reviews as well ha. Just shows how the blogging community do have an effect on sales :)Oh and im sure you dont look shifty ha xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the product being posted especially Liz Earle cleanser. Hope it works!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the Cleanse & Polish cleanser from Liz Earle, i've been using this for around 2 years now, and my skin looks really clean & fresh. I still do get the odd spot, don't we all? But it is worth every penny! Their toner is also lovely, and smells gorgeous! Claire x

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for all your comments, i appreciate each and everyone xx